;)

Assalam and happy good day!~ We are Hazwana, Shazliani, Hamizah and Sofia..4 of us are Salju Girls 2011 from Bachelor of Chemical Engineering Technology in Food at UniKL MICET..let's join us..

Sunday 11 September 2011

What I would do to be a Better student/ Human being Part 1

Assalamualaikum wbt..hello handsome boys and pretty girls....

Lets enjoy this story to be a better student/ human being...

I am the last one to know what`s going on in class, I`m the last one to raise my hand. The reason I don`t raise my hand is because I don`t know any answers to the questions that lecturer asks. When I’m in diploma student I didn’t realized that university not just like school, I thought that university was just likes school, I treated it as if it were a joke but now I`m degree student, and I want to change myself. I want to be the girl who gets straight A`s in the final exam, the one who raises their hand, the one who speaks for the class and doesn`t care what people think about them. Do I start my homework first when I get home? When I have test or quizzes, what do I do? I sit down and read the lecture note and do some tutorials, as many times I can. I ask the lecturer when I don’t understand to solve the questions and I ask my friend to help me doing some assignment. I wish I was the best student, but it never occurred to me until now that I have to work for it. Therefore I made a research on the internet, magazine and survey, how to be an excellent and good student in university and also for the society.

1) Study in a chair at a table

Do all you’re reading, writing and studying at a table, sitting upright in chair. Be sure to have good lighting, fresh air and fluids nearby. This is the number one most important technique to getting more out of studying and getting better grades. So many people lay on the floor to study, sit on a bed to study or recline on the sofa to study. If you are lying down, chances are, you'll get sleepy and fall asleep. When you are lounging, your mind drifts out of focus. When you are sitting upright, in a well-lit room, your studying will be the most focused. Every hour of studying this way could be worth two hours of studying on the bed or sofa. That means more time for fun.

2)When you study set goals and take breaks

Figure out how much work you need to do and how long it will take to do it. Set yourself the goal of completing a certain amount of work and then taking a study break. When you are studying, be very focused on studying. When you take your breaks, get up, walk around, get the blood flowing in your body and brain. If you are studying with a friend, hang out, talk, and socialize. It’s harder to take breaks if you leave all of your studying to the last minute hand find yourself cramming like crazy in a 7 hour study session, but it still helps to clear your head. Measured study with break gets the most done without burning you out.

3)Start to join a study group

When you have classes that involve complicated materials or have large volumes of reading, you should consider forming a study group with your peers. Quiz each other and explain things to each other. If there is a large amount of material you may want divide up the research and report back to each other. If you find that you are the one person in the group who knows much more than the others, you may still gain much from the study session. You will be practicing formulating your ideas. So even if you help bring your classmates from a C to a B, you may bring yourself from a B to an A. However, if the tests are highly competitive and graded on a curve, then you need to weigh the value of your study group. Make sure you leave yourself time to study on your own.




4) Know your strengths and weakness in testing types
People vary in how they respond to various types of testing. Some do best at essays, while others do better with multiple choice or short answers. If you are given a choice of testing types choose the ones in which you excel. If you have a weakness in one of these areas, we suggest you learn what it takes to do better. Also make sure you clearly understand what criteria your professor uses in grading.

Let’s see what are the Dr Ray Taheri says to become a better student Part 1:


To Be Continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment

See more stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...